Friday, August 24, 2012

Radisson Blu chicago

Radisson Blu chicago by mike__d
Radisson Blu chicago, a photo by mike__d on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
Overnight business trip to Chicago was spent in this hotel as a recommendation from a colleague. She never stayed at the hotel but mentioned the building/ lobby was beautiful and looked like a nice hotel.
The hotel was a brand new modern construction and was also the first one in the United States. Unlike the modern/ contemporary hotels I have stayed in the past this hotel didn't feel cold or arrogant in attitude. The staff members were very warm/ helpful and when I asked for the letterhead the room was drawn on, one staff member went out of his way to find one for me.
Checking into the room, the room was very clean and the view of the Chicago city out the window was beautiful. The entire room was covered with a wooden flooring which was very clean and I was able to walk around barefoot without my feet getting dirty.
Drawing the room I was able to tell that great attention to detail was given in the selection/ placement of everything in the room.
This was also the first hotel I have ever stayed at that the entire room directory was on an iPad placed in the room! Turning on the iPad, a message read 'Welcome Mike' which was a nice personal touch.
I must say this was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in!

No comments: