Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Studio Takeuma from Kyoto Japan

Those of you that use Flickr might recognize his sketches but I wanted to introduce Takeuma-san from Kyoto Japan. I just love the short capture of thoughts he includes in the sketches he does.
Here's a few samples of his work with a rough translation of the story captured in his sketches.

Hope you enjoy and be sure to check him out at Flickr!


2014.01.02-1 
2014 January 2nd: Happy new year. There was a man with a red suit case either going or returning from a trip. He had a lot of presence and also looked really happy. I had eye contact with him a few times while I sketched him. He knew I was sketching him but he let me go. Thank you very much.


2014.07.24-03
2014 July 24th: There was a person working standing up with a Mac in one hand looked like his shoulders were getting tense. A seat opened up so he sat down and continued to work on the computer. The bow tie looking thing is his headphones.


2013.11.19-03
A little boy kept on calling for the tigers attention so the tiger came over over real close and the little boy started crying. "What do you want me to do?" I felt like this is what the tiger was saying.

2013 November 19th: Kyoto Zoo. How the tiger walks: Right front leg -> Left rear leg -> left front leg ->right rear leg


2014.01.09-02
 2014 January 9th: The weather was nice in Kyoto but was gray when I got to Tokyo. Lots of people had their umbrella's on the Yamanote train. It looked like it was going to start raining any moment but I was going to go back to Kyoto quickly and I wasn't going to let it rain - was what I was thinking but I'd be bummed if it was raining back in Kyoto. There was an elegant looking elderly gentleman that looked very much like a person from Tokyo. It turned out he got off at the same stop as me and took the bullet train. He was from Nagoya.


2014.08.19 at Wakayama
2014.08.19 at Wakayama 
2014.08-19-01
2014 August 19th: I once again went camping to Wakayama with Nariyuki Circus and came to the sea. The mountain and skies seen from inside the ocean was beautiful. I sketched while getting wet from splashes of water.


No comments: