Wednesday, November 6, 2013

11 Weeks of walking and sketching the Freedom Trail

Here's my way overdue posting of the Freedom Trail.

Is is estimated that each year over 3.2 million people visit Boston and walk "The Freedom Trail", a 2.5 mile (4km) trail making it one of the most popular and successful historic destinations in the US.



As a person that never enjoyed history, I never thought I would have this much fun sketching and learning about American History. Every Saturday that I walked and sketched, it felt like I was traveling somewhere distant but in reality was still in my home town.
 I didn't take too many pictures along the way but here are some from the journey.



Here’s inside Faneuil hall – 2nd floor meeting hall




Sketching one of Boston's oldest buildings - Paul Revere's house






A cute little Fire house in Charlestown





The last landmark site on the Freedom Trail - Bunker hill monument





In total I sketched over 80 sketches and inspired by the 2 books I bought in Barcelona by Nina and Swasky on Gaudi, I'm in the midsts of working on turning these into a book :)

Here's the index/map creation in process.


Still lots to do but I do hope I can finish before the end of the year to be able to share with everyone.