Sunday, September 13, 2015

My 5th book: Urban Sketching (My Journey to) Machu Picchu

Machu Picchu - One of the New Seven Wonders of the World is an unbelievable place - a place you almost have to see for yourself to truly believe. I still remember the first time seeing a photo of the 15th century Inca site located high up in the mountain ridge not being able to believe such a place existed in this world.

For 8 years my wife and I kept on doing research in wanting to go but and kept on postponing the trip since it seemed quite difficult to get there and the altitude sickness seemed to be common with travelers not being able to enjoy the trip. In spring of 2015, we finally made it out there guided by our good friend and travel expert helping us safely get there and not get sick!

All I could say is that the trip was just amazing. Our initial expectations were high to begin with but it even exceeded those high expectations.

This 74 page book captures the exact route we took, what transportation methods we used, what hotels we stayed in, what altitudes were in each location and how we avoided getting altitude sickness. All this information along with all the on-location sketches I did (along with some photos) are bundled into this one book. I truly hope there is something fun or informational in this book for everyone!

frontcover 
map 
15 
ollayn 
31 
mpphotogallery 
51 
tools 
back cover



2 comments:

PaperbackStories said...

I got my copy in the mail yesterday!
It's a great book. The sketches are bright and lively, the story of your trip is fun, and I love that it's an actual book I can hold in my hands and show people.
Thanks Mike!

miked said...

wow! That really makes my day Charles!
Thanks so much for your feedback and you taking the time to write to me!
miked